Walked to work. Still 1 hour, 5 min.
Things that make me walk faster:
- Those annoying people chatting right behind me.
- Waving at one of the other regular walkers, strangers who I see for about 15 seconds most days. Speed-walk for the win!
- Telling myself a story as I walk.
- Noticing that the traffic light is about to change, and its either run or wait forEVER AND EVER.
- The patch of weeds that make me itch, move faster and escape1
- The patch in front of that building that smells like weed, ugh.
- The patch of shade, so cool.
- Suddenly noticing that I’ve slowed down – move move move!
- No books in my bag – hypothetical, I don’t remember it every happening. 😉
Things that make me slow down:
- Excessive sunlight. So, so, hot.
- Carrying the jacket I needed at the start of the walk, and I’ll need it at night.
- Reaching the 1/4 mile point and wondering why I’m there yet 😉
- A pretty garden, slow down to admire
- That speed-walker who I was keeping pace with started jogging. Feh.
- Walking and walking and walking and slowing down.
- Carrying a bag with my books and lunch and WATER AND MORE WATER.
Library Walk vs Work Walk
- Walking to the library instead of to work means carrying 2 bags of books.
- They might be heavy (hard-covers vs paperback? 15 books vs 8?) but they’re balanced.
- One bag of books in each hand and you’ve got a 15 minute weight workout.
- Book Workouts for book nerds!